With things being a little wild right now in the world, we're finding the ritual of making these super-charged oats very soothing and nourishing.
Not only are oats full of fibre and plant-protein, but they are a dang delicious canvas for adding in as many superfoods that you can. This rendition stirs in our Sun Mylk - turmeric adaptogen blend with maca and ashwagandha - giving you a warming, sunny porridge that will brighten up your morning!
Ingredients (Serves 2) :
- 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cups plant milk
- 1 tsp Sun Mylk
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- pinch salt
- Maple syrup, to taste.
- Optional mix-ins: coconut flakes, pecans, walnuts, golden berries, goji berries
- In a medium pot, add oats and coconut oil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring often, for 3-4 min, until toasty and aromatic. (this toasts oats and enhances the flavour)
- Add water and milk. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for at least 12-15 min, stirring occasionally to ensure the bottom doesn't burn. (longer if you like it creamier)
- Stir in maple syrup and salt, and extra milk if desired.
Back to The Journal