We’re back with three new superfood recipes that’ll make for a deliciously cozy Sunday.
Golden Latte Baked Oats
A cozy Sunday breakfast with our golden girl. Sun Mylk is a balanced blend of organic turmeric and spices with adaptogens maca and ashwagandha, making it a deliciously therapeutic way to unwind and treat yourself.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tsp Lake & Oak Sun Mylk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 1 egg (or substitute flax egg)
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup pecans, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients and stir well to combine. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes to help the oats soak up the liquid.
- Transfer the oat mixture to a 9-inch round baking dish or skillet. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the oats are cooked through in the middle and the top is golden brown.
- Enjoy right away, with a drizzle of maple syrup on top. Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Hibiscus Pomegranate Sour
Bursting with bright flavour and fun colours, this festive cocktail has beauty-boosting and stress-relieving benefits, exactly what we all need this time of year.
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 tsp Rose Schisandra Glow tea (or 2 tea bags)
- 1 cup boiling water
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- 1.5 oz white tequila or vodka
- Steep Rose Schisandra Glow tea in water, covered, for at least 5 minutes.
- Stir in lime, tequila and pomegranate juice. Add maple syrup to taste.
- Transfer to a shaker with 1 heaping cup of ice. Shake well to combine and cool.
- Pour, sip & enjoy in good company.
Cozy Holiday Chai Latte
Chai latte, but make it with superfoods! Around here a chai latte is a winter essential so we're bringing you the most comforting chai around.
- 1 tbsp Lake & Oake Chaga Coconut Chai (or 2 tea bags!)
- ¾ cup boiling water
- ½ cup milk (we love oat or almond)
- 2 tsp maple syrup, to taste
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg, to top
- In your favourite mug, combine tea and hot water. Cover and steep for 5 minutes. Stir in maple syrup and vanilla.
- Heat or froth milk and pour over steeped tea. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over top. Sip the holiday bliss.
Back to The Journal