When you're looking for a breakfast that does your body some good, but still feels a little #treatyourself, might we recommend a glistening spoonful of this raspberry rose chia jam. It screams 'brunch at the four seasons spa' but you don't need to be a nutritionist to make it.
We fancy it steeped with Rose Glow tea, because, extra vitamin C, duh. And it brings a boost of rosy flavour that gets along swimmingly with raspberry.
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tbsp Rose Glow tea, in a tea satchel
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- In a medium pot, add the raspberries, water and salt over medium high heat. Bring to a boil. When it reaches a boil, add the Rose Glow tea in its satchel. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 3 to 4 min, until the fruit starts to release liquid and a chunky sauce is forming. Remove the tea.
- Add the chia seeds and stir well. Continue to simmer for 10 min over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the raspberries have broken down and the chia seeds have exploded. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Transfer the jam to a jar or heat proof container and place in the refrigerator to cool.