After a weekend taking in the suns rays and sipping frosé, nothing quenches quite like the pairing of a raw-ish soba and zucchini salad and iced tea.
This summer (and every summer) we're about quick + nourishing meals that don't keep us away from the good stuff too long.
Cool Sesame Soba Noodles (Serves 2)
- 2 bundles of soba noodles (about 5 ounces)
- 1 medium zucchini, shaved with a spiralizer or vegetable peeler
- 1 medium carrot, shaved with a spiralizer or vegetable ppeler
- 1/4 cup cabbage, thinly shaved
- handful of fresh mint or cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp black sesame
- 2 tbsp tahini or peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp garlic chili sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup warm water.
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add the soba noodles and cook according to their directions. Strain and rinse with cool water.
- Meanwhile, add all of the tahini sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk well until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, add the soba noodles, prepared veggies and tahini sauce. Toss well to coat. Serve immediately.
Paired with iced rose glow tea and fresh blueberries.